Financial Education / Personal Finance Website with 1M+ Monthly Readers Seeks Part-Time Writers and Editors
With more than 1 million visitors a month, InvestingAnswers.com is one of the largest and fastest-growing financial websites in the country. Our goal: Develop a comprehensive, high-quality educational resource for consumers to help them build and protect their wealth.
We're seeking talented part-time freelance writers (anywhere from 5 to 20 hours per week) to generate compelling, thoughtful original content for our site. The position involves writing personal finance articles, definitions of financial terms, tutorials, courses, answers to common financial questions, and helping create hundreds of new online calculators (along with in-depth descriptions of how those calculators work). Primary topics include investing, mortgages, credit cards, loans, banking, and insurance.
In addition to writers, we're also looking for financial editors with a relentless focus on quality to help us edit and post new content on our site, as well as refresh and improve upon the thousands of articles, calculators, and dictionary definitions we've already published.
Ideal candidates need to have a background in and passion for the financial markets, at least three years of experience writing (or editing) personal finance content in our industry, and a history of developing content that's optimized for search engine (SEO) traffic. Each new page on our site needs to add value to our readers by incorporating in-depth research on the topic at hand, and we need to make 100% certain that our content is more valuable and more comprehensive than any competing financial website. At the same time, our content also needs to be written in a compelling, friendly, and approachable voice.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WRITERS:
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for new personal finance articles.
- Writing comprehensive, high-quality dictionary definitions that thoroughly answer all common questions about each term.
- Creating complex financial calculators in MS Excel.
- Writing and editing new, engaging original content with a keen attention to detail.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing thoughtfully researched Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EDITORS:
- Editing new and existing content with a keen attention to detail.
- We are not looking for an editor to merely check for typos. Instead, we need someone with a mastery of finance who can spot financial flaws in content before it gets published. Our ideal candidate needs to be relentless in working with our editorial team to make our content better and more useful to our website visitors.
- An experienced background in finance, both in college and in the workforce.
- At least three years of previous personal finance writing (or editing) experience, with a special emphasis on the following topics -- mortgages, credit cards, loans, banking, and insurance.
- Exceptional writing, research, editing and communication skills.
- An amazing attitude and comfort with having your work edited.
- Proficiency with MS Office and SEO-driven keyword strategies.
Payment will be at an hourly rate based on time worked. Compensation level will depend on experience.
Qualified writers can work remotely from anywhere in the world. We will give preference to editors who live near our corporate HQ in Austin, Texas, but we're also open to hiring remote editors.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position, please send the following to Click Here to Show Our Email Address. All of the items below are required.
- First and Last Name
- Position you are applying for (writer or editor)
- Resume (as an attachment)
- Cover Letter (as an attachment) explaining your background and mastery of personal finance and investing, why you want to work for InvestingAnswers, and why you are the best candidate for this position
- Three (3) recent samples of original published personal finance articles you have written
- At least two professional references
- Phone number and best time to reach you (no phone calls, please)