Liquidation refers to the selling of assets in return for cash. The term liquidation is most often used in discussions about Chapter 7 bankruptcy -- a section of U.S. bankruptcy law under which co...
InvestingAnswers is raising the bar
At InvestingAnswers, we pride ourselves on quality, research and transparency. All of our content is verified for accuracy by certified financial experts, and we source information only from highly credible academic institutions and financial organizations.
All of our content is thoroughly reviewed by experienced CFAs, CFPs, and CPAs. Meet our experts.
Trusted by Millions
Every year, more than 10 million visitors turn to us for answers to their most important financial questions. Learn more about us.
10,000+ Research Pages
Our thousands of comprehensive definitions, articles, and calculators are written in plain, easy-to-understand English. View our sitemap.
Meet the Experts
- Guest expert at leading investment conferences
- Editor-in-Chief of financial site with 2M+ readers
- Economic research consultant
- Exam prep expert for CFA Institute
- Former editor at Kiplinger's and Betterment
- MBA from Yale University
- Nationally recognized financial expert for 10+ years
- 7 years as commercial banker
- Articles featured by Nasdaq and Business Insider
- Author of critically-acclaimed financial book "The 7-Day Financial Fix"
- 10+ years as a financial expert on nationally-recognized sites like Nerdwallet
- Founder of prominent personal finance blogs
The short seller is the one trader most investors love to hate. Often misunderstood and maligned, the short seller profits when prices fall rather than rise. This doesn't earn the short seller...
A long-term liability is a liability due in more than one year. A liability is a claim on a company’s assets. Technically, a liability is a required transfer of assets or services that must occur ...
A one-night-stand investment is a security that was supposed to be a long-term investment but is sold after a short time. Let's say John Doe goes to an investing seminar that hypes the stock of a be...