A back end load (also known as a sales charge or an exit fee) is a commission or sales fee. Investors pay back end loads when selling their investments, which are commonly associated with mutual fund...
InvestingAnswers is raising the bar
At InvestingAnswers, we pride ourselves on quality, research and transparency. All of our content is verified for accuracy by certified financial experts, and we source information only from highly credible academic institutions and financial organizations.
All of our content is thoroughly reviewed by experienced CFAs, CFPs, and CPAs. Meet our experts.
Trusted by Millions
Every year, more than 10 million visitors turn to us for answers to their most important financial questions. Learn more about us.
10,000+ Research Pages
Our thousands of comprehensive definitions, articles, and calculators are written in plain, easy-to-understand English. View our sitemap.
Meet the Experts
- Guest expert at leading investment conferences
- Editor-in-Chief of financial site with 2M+ readers
- Economic research consultant
- Exam prep expert for CFA Institute
- Former editor at Kiplinger's and Betterment
- MBA from Yale University
- Nationally recognized financial expert for 10+ years
- 7 years as commercial banker
- Articles featured by Nasdaq and Business Insider
- Author of critically-acclaimed financial book "The 7-Day Financial Fix"
- 10+ years as a financial expert on nationally-recognized sites like Nerdwallet
- Founder of prominent personal finance blogs