'Shares Outstanding' Reveals More About A Company's Future Than You'd Ever Think
- Reward employees and management with shares.
- Raise more through the sale of more shares.
- Split a stock so it is more reasonably priced and can attract new investors. (The amount a stock is split, whether it's 2-for-1 or 3-for-1, means the number of shares must be increased by a commensurate amount, i.e. 100% or 200% in this example).
Read more of our InvestingAnswers Q&A responses:
- 's Surprising Key To Picking A Great
- Help! My CD Is Maturing And I Refuse To Settle For Low Interest Rates!
Personalized Financial Plans for an Uncertain Market
In today’s uncertain market, investors are looking for answers to help them grow and protect their savings. So we partnered with Vanguard Advisers -- one of the most trusted names in finance -- to offer you a financial plan built to withstand a variety of market and economic conditions. A Vanguard advisor will craft your customized plan and then manage your savings, giving you more confidence to help you meet your goals. Click here to get started.