'Shares Outstanding' Reveals More About A Company's Future Than You'd Ever Think
- Reward employees and management with shares.
- Raise more through the sale of more shares.
- Split a stock so it is more reasonably priced and can attract new investors. (The amount a stock is split, whether it's 2-for-1 or 3-for-1, means the number of shares must be increased by a commensurate amount, i.e. 100% or 200% in this example).
Read more of our InvestingAnswers Q&A responses:
- 's Surprising Key To Picking A Great
- Help! My CD Is Maturing And I Refuse To Settle For Low Interest Rates!